Thursday 25 June 2015

How Dare YOU!

How dare you enjoy the British outdoors after 7.30pm this Summer.

Light nights as the sun sets turning the sky golden orange. Dripping water droplets from recently watered hanging baskets brimming with colourful petals. Warm air wafts through open windows as buzzing bees search for their next pollen raid. A ten year old girl riding her bike down the street clicking her gears and yelling 'Tracey!! Tracey!! It's this way Tracey!'. The boy from number 16 repeatedly bouncing his football on the curb. A car pulls up across the road with someone resembling Ali G driving to the heavy bass sounds of Rudimental with his windows wound down and whole car vibrating. The neighbour spends 10minutes clanging her empty wine bottles from their earlier BBQ garden party in the recycling bins at the front of the house (why the fuck does she have her bins at the front right next to Evie's bedroom window?!?). Dogs bark in the park at the end of the street calling for their master to throw the tennis ball again. An ice cream van turns the corner broadcasting his melodic tunes like some kind of ice cream pied piper. 

And I'm stood at my window, in my pyjamas already, staring out in disgust, thinking to myself...HOW FUCKING DARE YOU! Don't you realise it's 7.30pm? Babies are trying to sleep you know! Shouldn't you all be inside tip toeing around? Some of us have been up all night and will be again tonight. You bunch of selfish and ignorant happy carefree LUCKY bastards.

1 comment:

  1. haha I love this! I laughed so much. I can so relate, it sounds just like our estate and I think exactly the same thing. I miss being those people sometimes. x

    ReplyDelete