Friday 5 June 2015

All the time in the World

It's almost 11months since I became a Dad to Evie. That's 11months I've had to adjust. It seems whenever I've felt well adjusted the goal posts have moved and more adjustment has been required. To be honest I've given up adjusting and am just getting on with being a dad day by day. I have no idea what I'll need to do tomorrow when Mum goes out on a hen do and leaves me to bedtime alone, well apart from curling up in a ball rocking side to side mumbling to the dog.

Before Evie there was this magical land I could go to when I had any problems and all seemed right with the world again. This place was filled with logical, wise old men with endless supply of magic potion to sooth my stresses. It was called The Bridge Inn and it served amazing chilli and chips. But the truth is, now I have Evie, I no longer want to OD on beer, chips and banter. I just want to go to bed.

So, with all the time I have in my hands just lying around doing nothing, I've decided to write a blog. Somewhere I can moan and gloat, but mostly moan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment